Great news for those students who live further south!
Jennifer of Cotswolds Learning Ltd has secured a workshop room at the Corinium Museum in beautiful Cirencester to host 3 new Ruskin Lace Workshops in 2024.
They will all take place on a Friday/Saturday on:
- 19 – 20 April 2024
- 6 – 7 September 2024
- 15 – 16 November 2024
For full details see the flyer reproduced below.
COTSWOLDS LEARNING – CREATIVE WORKSHOPS
HERITAGE EMBROIDERY IN CIRENCESTER
2 DAY Workshops on Ruskin Lace – a Lake District heritage craft since 1884.
This distinctive form of lace is made with a needle and thread in linen fabric using a combination of drawn-thread and cut-linen work with the geometric designs being completed with needlepoint lace techniques specific to Ruskin Lace.
Examples of Ruskin Lace
Your tutor, Karen Quickfall, is the country’s leading expert on Ruskin Lace and recently published the book, ‘Ruskin Lace – A Complete Guide’.
The course is suitable for both beginners (who can purchase a starter pack from the tutor) and those with more experience.
Our beautiful venue for the workshops is the Winstone Learning Centre within the Corinium Museum in Cirencester. Cirencester is a bustling Cotswold market town with an array of interesting sights, shops, cafes and restaurants and a variety of accommodation available to suit all budgets if required. Tea, coffee and homemade cake and biscuits will be provided but you will need to supply your own lunch.
Dates: (all Fridays and Saturdays)
- 19 & 20 April 2024
- 6 & 7 September 2024
- 15 & 16 November 2024
Time: 10am – 4pm Friday and Saturday.
Cost: £110.00 for 2 day workshop (please refer to terms and conditions below).
There is an additional cost of £15.00 for a starter kit if required, paid directly to the tutor.
To book a place, please contact: Jennifer Donovan
We request a £50.00 deposit at the time of booking. Full payment is required no later than 14 working days prior to the workshop date.
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum of 12 participants for each 2 day workshop to ensure individual attention.
- Participants under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a full fee paying adult.
- Cotswolds Learning reserves the right to change the workshop venue should circumstances require this. Participants will be informed in good time.
- Payment details will be issued once the workshop place is confirmed.
- Our cancellation policy requires a minimum of 14 working days to provide a refund. After this, if we cannot rebook, then no refund will be possible. We will make every effort to rebook the place wherever possible.
- In the unlikely event that Cotswolds Learning has to cancel a workshop, an alternative could be offered. If an alternative date is not offered, or if you are unable to attend on that alternative date, you will receive a full refund of any monies paid to Cotswold learning.